During my lengthy absence (again *cough*), I've been trying to figure out what I should do for my next post. Well, I finally decided to be a tag pirate and steal this Olympics tag from Abi. (Yes, tag pirating is a totally valid thing.)
Now, I'm not a sports person by any stretch of the imagination, but somehow when the Olympics come on, I become transfixed by the thousands of talented athletes vying for a medal. I don't even know what it is about the Olympics that does that to me. BUT YEAH. Needless to say, I was thrilled to have a tag to do so I could rave about the Olympics on my blog. ^_^
On to the tag!
~ Use the Blogging Olympics image (or make your own)
~ Thank the person who tagged you and list the rules -- thank you unofficially, Abi!
~ Answer the Olympics themed questions (feel free to add your own)
~ Tag others!
1.Team? Middle-earth. Oh, wait. That's not a team? *sighs* (I bet it's Sauron's fault that Middle-earth isn't in the Olympics.) Okay then, USA it is. Though when the US isn't in an event, I'll root for a plethora of countries, including Switzerland, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
2. If you could compete in an event, what would it be? Hmm...well, I kind of fail at like every sport (#awkward), but I think it would be cool to do archery, equestrian, or swimming. I love gymnastics but would probably kill myself if I tried that. XD I mean, I still would look like a terrified seal trying to ride a horse if I did equestrian, but at least I have a higher chance of survival in that sport.
3. Favorite event to watch? Gymnastics is definitely my favorite. But I also love all of the ones I listed above. Oh, and fencing! Annnnd water polo. BASICALLY ALL OF THE SPORTS. (But not golf or wrestling, please. I don't particularly enjoy watching people punch each other or chase balls around with a club.)
4. Olympian you most admire? Missy Franklin. She's honestly the sweetest, most optimistic person I can think of. Despite a disappointing turn-out for her this year in Rio, she has maintained a positive outlook, cheerful demeanor, and good sportsmanship. She's had a rough time recently with swimming, but she never lets that dampen her spirits.
(Just found this interview with her that made me love her 1000 times more. I especially love the pizza part. XD)
I also love the entire US women's gymnastics team. THEY ARE THE BESTEST. So cute and bubbly and supportive. <3 (Not to mention they rocked the world in the all-around finals.) We'd be here all day if I were to list all of the amazing Olympians I admire.
|The Final Five|
5. What sports do you currently play? I currently am an expert at tripping over air and racing my cat to the couch. GIMME THE GOLD MEDALS, PEOPLE.
6. Summer or Winter Olympics? Probably winter. I can't get enough of all the snow sports, and figure skating is my favorite sport of all time. But that being said, I do like them both almost equally.
7. Ever been to see the Olympics in person? I WISH. Someone give me a time machine and five thousands dollars so I can go to the London games, please and thank you.
8. A sport that should be in the Olympics? Ack, I don't know. Maybe ballroom dancing for the summer and snowball fights for the winter. Those would be fun ones. ^_^ (Though I doubt they're really sports? PSSH, TECHNICALITIES.)
9. What do you think would be going through your head right before you were about to compete in the Olympics? I'd probably be wondering what on earth the judges were thinking. XD But if I actually were a good athlete and made it to the Olympics, I'm sure I'd be an emotional mess. I'd be stressed/excited/nervous/wishing-I-were-dead. It's probably a very good thing I'm actually not headed to the Olympics. ;)
10. If you could choose a location for the Olympics, what would it be? (Abi's question) The place Abi chose is PERFECT because New Zealand would be an absolute dream. BUT for variety's sake, I will pick Dublin, Ireland. I just think Ireland would be a beautiful location, even though France and Switzerland would also be top choices of mine. Ohhh, and I almost forgot! Reykjavik, Iceland, would be gorgeous as well.
Since we're all in the Olympic spirit right now, why not watch this awesome video of the USA swim team? (IT'S SO MUCH FUN AND HONESTLY WINS THE INTERNET.) I don't really like the music, but...they're all so adorable and hilarious that it's worth watching.
Since I stole the tag myself, I'm leaving this one open to anyone who has watched at least one Olympic event this year. I really enjoyed doing this tag, mostly because it gave me an excuse to talk about the Olympics. XD