Thursday, March 2, 2017

Introducing My New Blog!!!


*prances into the room*

GUYS. Here is the special post I promised! In case you couldn't tell by the title, I'll spell out my news for you again.

I STARTED A NEW BLOG.

!!!!!


YES I DID! While I was on a blogging "hiatus," I actually started a brand-new blog! Now before you panic, Sunshine and Scribblings is not going anywhere. *cue sighs of relief* I wouldn't deprive you, don't worry. XD

My new blog is called Silver Horizons. I've kept it a secret for OVER A MONTH. ONE FREAKIN' MONTH. Do you even know how hard that was??? I sent a screenshot to my friend once that had a tab on my browser labeled "Blogger: Silver Horizons," and I tried not to panic because I thought she would for sure notice and say something. (She didn't, to my relief. #phew)

You're probably wondering, "what's the point of having two blogs? Isn't one enough?" The answer: my awesomeness can't be contained in just one blog. (Just kiiiiidding. ;P) The real answer is that I need a separate space where I can unleash all my creativity.

As much as I love my blog here and love what I do, I've been feeling like I really need a space completely devoted to creativity. On Silver Horizons, I plan on sharing my photography, artwork (which you guys JUST asked about--I had trouble not giving anything away), poetry, maaaybe some short stories and devotional stuff? My plans are still kind of all-over-the-place right now, but I know that it will definitely be a much-needed creative outlet.

BUT GUYS. EEP. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING.

I legit spent SO much time on the design, and I'm super proud of how it turned out. This was my first time getting a free custom theme and applying it. It was a ginormous headache, especially since I had to do it entirely on my own. I even worked with some html...which was mildly terrifying. XD But in the end, I think it turned out beautifully. <3

Just warning you, though...it's WAY different than my blog over here! I'm trying out a different blogging style/design on Silver Horizons. Let me know how you like it. Please? :)

So it would make me the happiest bookdragon alive if you would hop on over and check out Silver Horizons! Let the adventures continue!

<><><><><>

Well? Was it a surprise? I've been planning this for months, and I'm so excited (and admittedly, a little nervous) to share Silver Horizons with you all! EEP. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!


(Here's the link to the first post. *hint, hint* ;D)

22 comments:

  1. MARY. MARY! MARYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
    YOU MADE A NEW BLOG.
    AND IT IS GORGEOUS.
    AND AND AND
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    *takes deep breath*
    *tries to be coherent*

    Okay. Okay. Like...like...GIRL. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS THING YOU JUST HAVE NO IDEA. The name! The design! The content! I just read the three posts you have on there and sldkjflsdjflkjsd;kfjds. I AM DROWNING IN BEAUTY RIGHT NOW. The name of the blog is so gorgeous and fitting and the design is AWESOME. It's got this super professional feel to it! Like...YES. IT IS FANTASTIC. You should absolutely be proud of it. But I understand it being a headache. Ugh. I hate web designing... BUT YOU DID AMAZIIIING.

    Everything about this is so perfect. I'm just...I'M SO EXCITED. I now get TWO blogs by my dear Mary. TWOOOO. This was definitely a surprise, and the happiest surprise EVERRR.

    EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO GREAT. And I'm your first follower! :D *twirls in all the brilliant Mary content*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CHRISTINE. I CAN'T STOP GRINNING!!! You are the sweetest thing ever. <333

      OH MY WORD, YOUUUUU. You have no idea how much your comment made me smile! Like seriously, what did I ever do to deserve you? <3 (Ugh, web designing = -_-) BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have to admit, I'm still kind of in love with it myself. XD

      ACK, THE NICENESS. Thank you so much!!!! I'm so excited to be posting there. ^_^

      *squishes you in a big hug*

      Delete
  2. MARY, EEEP!!!! You made a new WHAT!? OMW, I already read it, and L.O.V.E IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already followed!! AND THAT DESIGN. OMW, LIKE, I HAVE NO WORDS, LOVE IT. <333333

    YES, THIS WAS TOTALLY A SURPRISE!! I did not expect this, and I literally squealed out loud when I saw your new post. ;) Like, legit. =)

    Great post, and BTW, that GIF is just- XD Girl your AWESOME. ;) BTW, this is Jaidyn Elise. =) I've been 'stalking' your blog for a while. By stalking I mean not commenting on your amazing blog, and I'm sorry. I'll try to comment a lot more in the future!! :)
    <3,
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASDGLDKS JAIDYN. You are the bestttt. I HAVE NO WORDS FOR THE SWEETNESS THAT IS YOUR COMMENT.

      Omw, you did? Wow...I feel so honored. :D

      Hehe, thank you! I love Mary Poppins. ;) Well, hey there, Jaidyn! That is so sweet of you! I'm thrilled that you've been stalking me and decided to show your face, lol.

      Delete
  3. You mean I get even more amazing posts from Mary?? This is a good day indeed.

    Silver Horizons is BEAUTIMOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOSH, GIRL. <333

      Awww, thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous blog Mary. GORGEOUS. I'm amazed that you were able too keep it a secret. I would have been like, "GUYS I HAVE A SECRET LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT RIGHT NOW!" Yeah...I'm not very good at keep ping secrets. *cough* So I applaud you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu! <3 Haha, it wasn't easy, let me tell you. I literally wanted to shout to the world that I had a new blog after like fifteen minutes. XD

      THANKS AGAIN, REBEKAH! :D

      Delete
  5. Really? That's awesome!
    I'm going to check it out straight away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blue! You're so nice. ^_^

      Delete
  6. THIS IS AMAZING!!! *heads off to see your new blog*

    Micaiah
    www.notebooksandnovels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *squeals with delight* YOU ARE AWESOME, OKAY? <3

      Delete
  7. Ahhh! You made a new blog? I went and checked it out, and I absolutely looove it! <3 The name is beautiful, the design is beautiful, everything about it is just... GORGEOUS!!! (I bet you thought I was going to say beautiful again ;D) I am now a proud follower. *puffs out chest*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack, you are so sweet!!! Thank you loads, Karyssa! <3 (Haha, yep, I fell for your trick. ;D)

      *hands you a grape soda badge* (It's from the movie Up, in case you were wondering. XD) Congrats on being a follower of Silver Horizons. ;)

      Delete
  8. aldjfadkfj MARY MARY THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!! The title is the absolute best and I can't wait to read what you write there. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EMILY, THANK YOU! That makes me so ecstatic that you like it. <3

      Delete
  9. SO COOL! And yes, keeping secrets like that is haaard. XD Thanks for sharing and it's so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deb! Lol, yes it is! I barely managed to keep it a secret that long. XD

      Delete
  10. Congratulations!!! The new blog looks lovely!! And I love the new look going on here as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Morgan! I thought it was time to revamp this blog for spring, too. ^_^ Glad you like my new blog! <3

      Delete
  11. First off, your new design HERE is lovely and I'm off to check out your new blog right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, look at you. You found the comments section. *applauds* So proud.

Now, if you're nice and keep your comment clean, I miiiiight just give you a cookie. *grins*