Thursday, November 10, 2016

HACKED: she reached 50k - a guest post by her blogger friends


  Welcome everyone! Today we - her writing pal’s in a hangout - have overtaken Mary’s blog. She was the first one out of all of us to make it to 50,000 words. We all decided we wanted to hack into her account once she made it to 50k, and this is the result.
13706257_298912980453142_1316066231_n.gif

Abi:

MARY!!! Oh my word. First NaNo for both of us and look what YOU did! Not only did you hit the 50K mark, but you blew it away. IN NINE DAYS. *is still mindblown*

Seriously. We were both sweating the #5k1day on November 1st. I had it done before lunch and YOU, my awesome glitter queen, doubled it. I think I can vouch for the rest of us and say that November 1 was our crazy insane writing day and then life crashed in. Vacation, school, blech. Somehow you and you alone managed to bypass LIFE itself and are now the reigning queen of NaNoWriMo 2016.

13695717_10154380295603466_522934216_n.gif

Why is this such a big deal? Other than merely astonishing yourself and now the rest of  the world with your fire fingers, you now have 50K for a book! Not just any book but THE book with glitter, cake, squirrel butlers, fairies, and all the things that we’ve been hearing about. So you’re doing the world a MAGNANIMOUS favor here. Because I’ve got news for you: we need your book. *cough* In a non-creepy way.

For all the times down the road when you feel SO done with this brilliant thing you are creating, don’t forget: we’re all counting on you and cheering you on every step of the way! On your own blog, no less! (Thanks for being so sweet about our subtle hacking ;P)

We all know that this creation of yours is gonna be nothing short of FRABJOUS and I am so thankful I’ve gotten to be a part of your journey so far. Be warned. Your book will change lives. And I’m pretty sure I can guarantee yours and mine will be among those.

O my jellybeans Mary HOW DID YOU DO IT??
How, I ask, HOW DID YOU WRITE 50K WORDS IN 9 STICKIN’ DAYS?? I’m so so so so sooooooooooo happy for yooouuuuu!! If you wrote like this all the time, I think you’d write 20 books in a year. That's a lot.

I’m like:
I’m like dying right now. Ugh. You killed me again. (remember that??? *wipes away happy tear*) As Abi said (and I quote) Your book will change lives. How, you ask? I don’t know. I know it changed mine. (AND I HAVEN’T EVEN READ IT YET!) You are so amazing! God has surely blessed you with an amazing gift; THE GIFT TO WRITE 50K IN 9 DAYS. So, we give you this celebratory post.
BRING OUT THE GLITTER!!! Isn’t glitter JUST the thing to celebrate with? Isn’t this post so random? Don’t we just all love you so much???
I just wanna say that YOU ARE SO AMAZING GAH! <3 <3 Anika out. *carefully sets mic on floor and strides off of the stage*

Wow. Just wow. I am utterly speechless, bc obviously. *proceeds to talk quite a lot with flailing throughout*
I mean, really. 50k so quickly! How even?
66d3d9ce1a0ad6755795eb7a69f9e482.gif

There’s only one logical explanation. You, my virtual sister, have achieved superhuman powers. *wink*
1e621022d9573cbf3c62b0edc9d0b87d.gif

They say (‘they’ being up for discussion of course, as I do not have the exact quote) that the pen is the mightiest sword and while you’re over there going:
aceb442347340f0add4b2c4ee3c1f89e.gif
I’m like:
351391a108fd2ba39ff33c7603706dc1.jpg

So congratulations and all that. PLEASE remember to eat lunch today, and go to bed before two in the morning. *reminds you to function*

And another thing; don’t you dare say that your book is an ugly mess (well, if it is, it’s a beautiful, creative mess). You already have several people demanding (nicely, mind you) to beta/alpha read about your glitter and squirrels when you finish. *flails*


MARYYYYYYY. AHHHHH.
Well first, congrats on your NaNo win like.... WHAT ARE WE DOING I’M LIKE FLAILING IN THE WATER AND THE GREAT SQUIRREL MASTER (AKA MARY) HAS RISEN TO THE TOP OF WRITERS AND IS DOMINATING THE WORLD.
Anyways.
I can’t wait to read this book because it’s got squirrel butlers, glitter, and apparently sass and that JUST SOUNDS AMAZING. You are a superhero. Like you doubled #5k1day THEN THEN THEN you went above and beyond every other day really.
*throws glitter*   *makes glitter cake*    *calls the unicorns to dance*
Everytime I see a squirrel I think of butlers.
Everytime I think of glitter well……
I imagine all of us winning NaNo and having a big party with cake and stuff.

Congratulations on winning my legolas loving friend!!! Thanks for all the fun wars and sprints in which we all tried to beat Jonathan. Lol. This was super long and I used a lot of gif’s but anyways.
*hannah drops microphone*

OH MY GOODNESS MARY HOW DID YOU EVEN DO THIS YOU ARE AMAZING.
I can't believe it, I mean, I do believe it but you are literally incredible, I've been having so much fun doing Nano with you, (even though you crush me every time we sprint XD)  and I cannot believe you've already reached your goal, you're insane, but in like the awesomest way possible. please keep writing your book  because it sounds really awesome and I'd love to beta-read for you when it's done. XD
MY MIND IS BLOWN THOUGH.

tumblr_nx7jr6fJIh1u7gnm9o1_500.gif

And btw don’t let Sarah tell you that you shouldn’t cry just cause you guys are twins because crying is perfectly acceptable okay.


WELL HEY THERE MARY BETCHA YOU’RE SURPRISED THAT WE’RE HIJACKING YOUR BLOG RIGHT?? *cue awkward coughing* Okay well maybe not. Buuuuuut even if there’s no surprise (which actually I brought a glitter cannon so there’s a small surprise) WE ARE STILL HERE. DOING SOMETHING OR OTHER. So the next obvious question is, what on earth are we doing?

Well, in short, we’re basically here to throw a giant party and tell you that YOU R.O.C.K.
Like somehow you’ve already written 50k? Superhero status=yours. (also the crown is yours, but not the throne sorry) You’re always super fun and bouncy and easy to talk to. You’re always ready to write and duuuuuuuude your snippets though. <3

We’ve been through a lot of wars (*winkwink*) together and you’ve nearly always been on the opposite side I think (ahem XP). But you’re still always a great friend and you’re not afraid to slap me when I need to be slapped. XD

Here’s to 50k! Congratulations from all of us! :D *glitter flies everywhere*


*blinks* *blinks again* YOU WROTE 50,000 WORDS IN 9 DAYS. 216 hours. 12,960 minutes. 777,600 seconds. AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN USE ALL OF THAT TIME. whhhhaaat even.
13689317_1582410002059475_858156499_n.gif
And. you were the one who’s document wouldn’t open right away!! Somehow, you beat us all, even though you kept on crying *points down at Sare cuz she’ll say something ‘bout that* that you couldn’t beat us in word sprints.

Girl. I think I remember that story of the tortoise and the hare? *realizes I haven’t written in days*

13695171_2070795006478490_1868176161_n.gif
(forget that it’s not a hare. okay?)

*pushes jonathan out of the way* *gives Mary the throne* STILL CAN’T BELIEVE YOU HIT SUCH AN AMAZING GOAL. I mean, forgive us, we just HAD to hack you. ITS SUCH A BIG DEAL YA KNOW

Basically thanks for battling with us, being my substitute sister *laughs at sare’s glare*, constantly being there to word war with, annnnnnnd since everyone else is throwing glitter at you *explodes glitter at you*

13734682_1726022370993835_681989146_n.gif


MARY YOU’RE AWESOME!!! (Well, so are all the other NaNo participants/writers, but still. XD)  When I think of how fast you wrote, this comes to mind:

CONGRATULATIONS MARY!!!!!!!  So proud of you!!! <3
It was amazing getting to know you a little bit, and I hope to learn to know you better! :D


I am so unbelievably proud and astonished by your writing skills, Mary. Pretty sure I should also be scared -- 50k in ten days is NOT HUMAN and what kind of sacrifices are you making?? Are you even alive anymore??

You are going to do amazing things with your words someday. I just know it. Your blog never fails to make me smile, and I can’t wait to read your book someday and chuck it in people’s faces demanding that they buy and love the thing. xD

Keep going. You’re incredible, and just know that we’re all here for you whenever editing gets hard or it seems like your book is nothing better than a rotten pile of garbage. (which is a LIE because your book is better. unless the garbage has pizza in it. but your book would still be better so there.)

We love you and are so very proud of you! I feel so special to be a part of this thing for such an amazing writer like you. GO MARY. <3 I volunteer to be your personal writing cheerleader whenever you need it. *waves pompoms*

NOW GO SLEEP FOR A THOUSAND YEARS OR SOMETHING. xD


You. You...HOW. I AM IN AWE




MARY, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! *throws glitter*
I seriously don’t know how you survived this past week, and want to congratulate you. How even?! We were all freaking out about writing 5k in one day, then you wrote 10k instead!


Funny Pictures – 43 Pics:

Haha!:

(This was our reaction)
You were on fire! I had such a blast warring with you, and loved all the chats. (they were quite entertaining, don’t you agree?) We all had our times of craziness, but you exceeded it all by writing 50k in 9 days! I had to hide when I saw you were already done.
The Lord of the Rings + Legolas’ funny faces
It was madness. I still don’t understand how you did it.
For now keep up the hard work of finishing your novel -because it sounds amazing, and glittery. :)
Merry Christmas - Feliz Navidad - Bon Nadal - Happy Xmas #gif animado
And I want to read it now, so you gotta finish it.
(Now you don’t have to worry about not getting enough rest. You can sleep and eat like a normal person )


okay, legit girl. You wrote 50k in one day. WHAT EVEN. YOU ARE SO EPIC. *shakes you* yeahhhh, I did ask you to stop a lot I’M SORRY but you were kind of like a mad scientist or something. Ahem. anywayssss.

We are twins, okay, we both know it. Except for one thing. QUIT THE EXCESSIVE CRYING GURL.
13942577_1025372527510618_82303459_n.gif
I still don’t think crying is good for you (whatever Chloe the queen of knowledge and reality says) I READ A BOOK ABOUT IT ONCE OKAY. other than the crying thing, we are total virtual twins k but if you ever do cry in the refrigerator aisle i'll be there to give you a hug...and tell you to buck it up

btw i love how you trust me so much to like let me in your blog #ifeelgreat

I think the most insanely epic times were when you, Jonathan and I were sprinting. (forget about Julia she was way ahead, the first time anyways). IT WAS SO STRESSFULLY AWESOME. I’m sorry for the time i crushed i literally crushed you all...not rly *smirk*

13672500_883415235097107_2049324480_n.gif
thanks for sticking with me when everyone wanted my head off I MEAN PLZ you were my only comrade *hugs* It was epic, okay? You are such a fun person and totally a challenging sprinter. LIKE IF YOU STOP THIS BOOK I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN K *waves* <3333

p.s. i forgive you for the time you showed me the peanut butter cup you were eating when i was going sugar free for a week *dumps glitter of forgiveness on you*

p.p.s. did u eat?.....


Mary Elizabeth Horton. I CAN’T EVEN THINK OF WORDS RIGHT NOOOOW. (except for “CAN I READ YOUR STORY?!” - BUT THAT’S BESIDES THE POINT)
  
  You finished your first NaNoWriMo – IN NINE DAYS. GOOD FOR YOU, writing queen! *hands you crown and shows you to your throne* I DUB THEE MARY, MASTER OF THE GLITTER WORDS. (and yeah, you totally get a throne - ignore Jonathan XD)
  
  You were SO UNBEATABLE during NaNo. THIS *points down at gif* was basically us whenever you wanted to war -

b57fbab07a531cc7d4bb2163beb58bbf.gif

  Or sometimes THIS, as we glanced at your word count during a sprint and DESPERATELY HOPED WE WERE AHEAD FOR ONCE -

tumblr_inline_nv7pz0RxDt1symguu_500.gif
(because a legolas gif was needed, my elf-loving writing friend XD)

I was, to say the least, AH-MAZED when I found out you had written 10,000 words on the first day. YOU DOUBLED 5K1DAY. HOW EVEN. *is still in shock* *is not sure how this is possible* Like … which superhero did you switch places with. I’m still trying to figure it. JUST GO GET THYSELF SOME REST AND FOOD, MS. SUPERHUMAN, OKAY? Okay. *shoves all the ice-cream to you*
    
  I LOVE warring/sprinting/chatting with you - even when we all tell you to ‘STAHPPP MARY, YOU’RE TOO FAST’ - and hearing all about your EPIC novel *nods*. And stalking you. Stalking is always fun. BASICALLY BEING IN THE NANO ‘16 CABIN WITH YOU IS EPIC FUN-NESS (that can be a word if I want it to be *crosses arms defiantly*).  

  ANYWAYS. I’m rambling left, right, and center right now – but basically what I want to say is YOU DID SMASHINGLY, YOU MAGIC WRITING ELF! CONGRATULATIONS from all your writing buddies! :D *showers you in 1.7 tons of glitter* *lights the explosives*

b255babf7f34841f5a1ffd3017b02da0.jpg

YOU DESERVE ALL THE GANDALF FIREWORKS, MY (*cough*insanely talented*cough*) FRIEND! :D



Day 1: Mary wrote 10,013 words

Day 2: Mary wrote 4,330 words

Day 3: Mary wrote 6,928 words

Day 4: Mary wrote 5,026 words

Day 5: Mary wrote 6,773 words

Day 6: Mary wrote 7,005 words

Day 7: Mary wrote 4,005 words

Day 8: Mary wrote 1,662 words

Day 9: Mary wrote 5,015 words



 Though the 50k is now done, the novel is not, and we all want to encourage Mary to not give up. Writing is a gift, a challenge, and an adventure all in itself. So press onward, the journey is not done. We are all here encouraging you. (and we all want to read it. XD)

13714432_938429389601774_1328858404_n.gif
*whispers* plzzzzz

17 comments:

  1. I am SO CRAZY excited for Mary to see this...you guys did an AMAZING JOB. Mary, you are suuuuper lucky to have such loyal fans (even before the book is published ;)) and I'm sure your book is going to be EPIC!!
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY STARS. I HAVE NO WORDS RIGHT NOW. <33333

    JUST...YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. <3

    THE GIF USAGE, THOUGH. I AM DEAD. XD (And also crying. Don't try to figure out how that works. XD)

    AHHHH ALL THE GLITTER, TOO. AND LEGOLAS GIFS?? You guys = my favorite people.

    All this to say...I LOVE YOU ALL. YOU MADE MY DAY WITH THIS POST. (Completely worth being hacked. ;D)

    (And yes, Sare, I did eat lunch. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you like it! :D

      -Anika

      Delete
    2. *hugs Mary* *does not try to figure out how you're both dead and crying* :D I'M /SO/ GLAD YOU LIKED IT SO MUCH! *tosses glitter and twirls in it*

      This was so crazy fun to write, you have no idea! :D I literally couldn't stop grinning as we spouted ideas left and right as to how we were going to accomplish it :D. (and then I was going NUTS waiting for Sarah to post it XD)

      Yeah - we realized how many gifs we used after we posted it XD. BUT NO ONE CARES, SO IT'S COOL *nodnod*.

      THREE CHEERS FOR MARY THE WRITING QUEEN! :D

      ~ Savannah
      scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. So happy you liked it!!! It was loads of fun to do, and, as I am sure you saw a small part of our madness on the chat, we were pretty intent on hacking into your blog. XD
      You did amazing, and this group post was so cool to do. (we were getting pretty antsy waiting for it to be published)
      *hands you glittery cake* Continue on Queen Authoress!

      Delete
    4. Awww so glad you liked it Mary! <3 We had so much fun sneaking about and hacking your blog, you're basically the Queen of Nano now. XD KEEP WRITING.

      Delete
    5. QUEEN OF NANO!!! I LOVE IT - so perfect. Basically, this post is goals and I've dubbed us an official squad now.

      Delete
    6. YES - we're all a squad. It's official XD. *highfives all around*

      ~ Savannah
      scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

      Delete
    7. MARY YOU'RE WELCOME YOU DESERVED IT

      Delete
    8. You're awesome and we love you girl!!! <3
      Thanks for being an inspiration to all of us!!!!!! :D

      Delete
  3. OH MY WORD. THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN AND SO DESERVING. Because MARY. YOU DID SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! *shoots fireworks and bakes a cake and runs around in circles screaming excitedly*

    And the glitter gifs. YESH. Glitter, glitter everywhere! *tosses it in the air*

    This is basically the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Savannah had invited me to your group but I've been so busy with NaNo I kept forgetting to go over there. Apparently I've been missing out. o.o Oops.

    BUT YOU GUYS ARE THE NICEST AND MARY TOTALLY DESERVED THIS AND JUST YESSS. GO MARY!!!!!!! WRITE YOUR AMAZING GLITTER-FILLED NOVEL. You. Are. AH-MAY-ZING! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY. THIS IS AWESOME. Mary, were you actually hacked?? Cause that would be great. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. i srsly think this was the most epic thing done yet HAS CHLOE WRITTEN THIS DOWN ON THE LIST xD

    sarah » the introverted extrovert

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY. 50,000 words in NINE DAYS?! HOW EVEN. (You probably don't know me, but I'm a new follower. ;)) CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Literally, that is amazing. (And I mean it.)

    Plus, this post is a great congrats from a conglomerate of great people!! XD You deserve the applause! *applauds*

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're amazing, girl! It was SO FUN doing this! We were literally blowing up the "Secret Mary" chat with excitement. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOODNESS, MARY HORTON, YOU AMAZE ME! It was so fun reading a hacked post--you have wonderful NaNo buddies. XD (Loved all the gifs, too, especially the Elrond/Jack Sparrow sequence.) Be sure to reward yourself for all that hard work! A bubble bath, chocolate, a movie, a long walk, whatever floats your boat. *nods* I'm so proud of you!

    By the way, I've tagged you for the Writer's Life Tag, but feel free to ignore it until December. XD http://traceydyck.blogspot.ca/2016/11/the-writers-life-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

Hey, look at you. You found the comments section. *applauds* So proud.

Now, if you're nice and keep your comment clean, I miiiiight just give you a cookie. *grins*