Friday, October 7, 2016

Why I Love Fall // Guest Post by Morgan

I'm beyond thrilled to announce that my darling pen pal and blogging friend Morgan is guest posting today! AND SHE'S POSTING ABOUT FALL. Eep! This makes me all kinds of delighted because autumn is my second favorite season. I loooove it!

ALSO. We swapped posts so there's a post up on her blog by yours truly...and it just might have something to do with dragons. Just sayin'. ;) GO RAID HER BLOG BECAUSE IT'S AH-MAY-ZING.

Please welcome Morgan as she tells you some of the reasons that fall is fabulous!

<><><><><>


Hello, everybody!  I'm Morgan from The Day the Lord has Made.  I would first like to thank Mary for letting me post on her lovely blog today.  I'm going to be sharing with you all some reasons why autumn is the best of all the seasons (in my humble opinion). 

These are in no particular order, by the way.


1.  Cooler weather. 


After a long hot summer, I am so ready for crisp cool days, aren't you?  I love getting up when it's foggy, misty, or raining and it feels like it's time to bundle up with a nice hot drink and a good book. Which brings me to my second point.



2. Hot drinks.


Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, whichever you fancy, you got to admit they taste a whole lot better when its cold out.  Though you might drink hot drinks in the summer, I think they are even better in the fall and winter.  I for one drink more hot drinks in the fall/winter months myself.  Who's with me?



3.  Sweater weather.


In the summer it's so hot out all you end up wearing are shorts and a tee shirt, am I right?  But the fall is when you can bundle up in a sweater and sweat pants...and maybe a blanket.  And just be all cozy!  It's so lovely to snuggle all up like a big marshmallow.



4.  It's apple picking time!


I love apples!  Apple cider, apple crisp, apple donuts (they are SO good!), and apples in general.  They taste the best during this time of the year as well.  We live close to this place called Apple Hill and we go up there and get our apples and the apple donuts.  It's a lot of fun.  We bring home a couple boxes of delicious apples to munch on and bake with.



5.  Fires going in the fireplace.


I LOVE having a fire going in the fireplace.  At my house, we have one of those fireplaces that you just flip the switch and voila, fire is going in the fire place.  It lets off a lot of heat and is really nice.  But I also love having one going in the fire pit outside.  And of course when you are camping a fire going is always a must.  The heat, smell, cackle, and just looking at the dancing flames is wonderful.



6.  Trees changing color.


I love seeing the trees turning into beautiful shades of yellow, orange, and red. And then falling to the ground gracefully.  It's such a lovely time, the trees and the weather altogether changing.



There are more things that I love about fall, but these are the basic ones. God has blessed us with some awesome seasons, but fall is my favorite.  Coming out of the heat into the refreshing coolness and loveliness we call autumn and fall is my favorite.  I'm ready for it to be nice and cool all day long.  Hopefully soon! :)

I hope you all enjoyed this little post.  Thank you again, Mary!  Blessings to all of you!  ~Morgan

<><><><><>

Thanks so much for that beautiful post, Morgan! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Now I can't wait for autumn to arrive where I live. ^_^

WELL. Have you guys checked out my guest post yet? Because I'm so nice, I'll graciously leave the link here again. SO THERE. You have no excuse. ;)

What's YOUR favorite season? And do you say fall or autumn? (I usually say fall, but autumn is so much more melodic.) What's your favorite thing about fall?

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE HOT DRINKS YAY. But not coffee, never coffee. XP Sweater weather is great also, although for me it's more 'oversized hoodie' weather. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! Sorry, I'll have yours. ;) Yup, it's true! Sweaters and hoodies are both awesome!

      Delete
    2. HOT DRINKS FOR THE WIN. (Except coffee. *gags*)

      Heh, well, hoodies are cool, too.

      Delete
  2. LITERALLY EVERYTHING ON THIS LIST. I just went shopping with my sister to get a ton of new cozy sweaters. :)

    My favorite season is Winter because of snow, but I ADORE FALL AS WELL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura!! That's awesome! :)

      Winter is wonderful as well! :D

      Delete
    2. SWEATERS. Cozy sweaters are my fave! I'll probably be wearing a sweater on Saturday because the high temperature is supposed to dip below 80 degrees for the first time in about six months. :P

      WINTER IS MY FAVORITE, TOO. I love the snow. <3

      Delete
  3. Apple cider, apple crisp, crackling fires, warm blankets, good books, leaves changing colors...yes! I LOVE FALL! And this post was lovely. Thanks for sharing, Morgan. :)

    And Mary, don't worry. I'm off to check out your guest post right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, yup, yup!!! ME TOO!! Thank you so much, Miss March!! :D

      Delete
    2. Basically what you said. XD Fall is such a cozy time of year!

      Yayyy, my mind is at ease now. ;D

      Delete
  4. YES. All the yes - Autumn is the best season of all *nods*. I normally say Fall, but I like Autumn better. It's just so pretty! My favorite thing about fall? Can I say all of it? XD Probably the cooler weather - I simply whither away in in the summer heat!

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREED!!! Cooler weather, YES!!! :D

      Delete
    2. Autumnal things make me happy. <3 (And yes, COOLER WEATHER. The summer heat turns me into a sad melted puddle of ice cream.)

      Delete
  5. THIS IS ALL THE REASONS WHY I LOVE FALL. <3 <3 <3 But for some reason, I feel like fall is the shortest of all the seasons? *cries* Maybe it's because I'm always so busy.

    (also, I just found out that the colors in my area will not be good this year because of such a dry summer. D:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Yes, I wish it was longer, too!! :D

      I'm sorry, Emily! D: That's a bummer!

      Delete
    2. YES YES YES. FALL IS BEAUTIFUL. And you know...fall *does* seem to be pretty short. It's technically the same length as all the others, but I think it feels shorter because of a) the all-consuming evil of school and b) the impending arrival of Christmas. We start getting ready for Christmas at our house in November so that kind of makes fall vanish early. XD

      (Noooo, that's so sad. D: We don't get fall colors at all where I live. :/)

      Delete
  6. This was beautiful, Morgan! I must say, I checked Mary's blog pretty late last night, and was in kind-of a hurry. I was honestly trying to just skim your post and move on, but it wouldn't let me! All your crisp, beautiful words just begged me to slow down and let them all flow smoothly. Beautifully done!

    I'm not sure what my favorite season is, Mary. . . I really like them all! I never would have said fall was my favorite, but I'm really enjoying it this year! It's such a beautiful season. . . I definitely like 'autumn' better, but I probably say 'fall' most of the time too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Hanna!!! That just made my day!! :D

      Delete
    2. Morgan is secretly a wizard, just sayin.' ;D

      They're all so lovely, aren't they? Each one holds something new and beautiful. Yeah, I usually say "fall," too. I don't know if that's just an American thing? I dunno. I guess I'm just used to it. *shrugs*

      Delete
  7. YES, YES, YES!!! You just captured the whole FEEL of fall into words. It's such a magical time! The cool weather, the delicious hot drinks, all the cute fall clothes! The gorgeous scenery. Just EVERYTHING.

    Fall is definitely my favorite season. Well, fall and winter. I can never decide which of the two I like best. And I always say fall, but I agree, Mary, autumn sounds so much prettier. My favorite thing about fall is...NANOWRIMO. And the cooler weather! Ugh, I hate the heat of summer.

    Thank you both so much for this awesome post! It makes me want to go jump in a pile of leaves and embrace ALL the fall things!! (Too bad it's still pretty warm where I live... *pouts*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine!!! I AGREE!! HERE, HERE!!! :D

      It's true, autumn does sound prettier! :D I don't like the heat either!! Give me some cooler weather, please!!

      Thank you for your awesome comment, Christine! I enjoyed reading it!! :D

      Delete
    2. Asddlfdls. Isn't Morgan amazing??? Her words just encapsulated the beauty of the season!

      FALL AND WINTER ARE THE BESTEST. Eep! (And yes, autumn sounds so lyrical and lovely, though I don't tend to say it as often as fall.) We're TOTALLY on the same page about the heat. I basically hole away in my house during the summer and blast the AC. XD

      *cries because it's still hot here* (But it's actually supposed to be 79 for the high on Saturday so I'm super pumped. XD)

      Delete
  8. Fall has to be my favorite season for all of these reasons. I also love pumpkins. I make toasted pumpkin seeds every year and they're so good!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love fall! :D And pumpkin-flavored foods? Don't even get me started. I'm kind of addicted. *cough*

      *desperately wants toasted pumpkin seeds*

      Delete

Hey, look at you. You found the comments section. *applauds* So proud.

Now, if you're nice and keep your comment clean, I miiiiight just give you a cookie. *grins*