Thursday, September 29, 2016

Q&A Post



Well...that only took me a month. :P

Yup, that's right. I'm answering all your questions from my birthday post a month later.  But hey, on the plus side, at least I didn't wait until October. (I mean, it's technically only two days before October but hush, details.)

I'm honestly floored by how many questions I received. You guys are curious little dragons, aren't you? I figured it would take me 2,147 years to answer them all so I'm just doing one to three questions from each of you. ^_^

// Rebekah //

Do you like roller coasters? (And if so, which ones, the smaller ones or the bigger ones? The mix-your-stomach-up-so-it-can't-tell-north-from-south or the Up-and-down ones?)

In case the blog picture at the top of my post wasn't an indication, YES, I LOVE ROLLER COASTERS. Generally, I like the bigger ones the best. The taller, the better. ;D (And also more terrifying but that's what makes it fun, right?) I like the loopy ones a lot, but my favorite kinds are the up-and-down ones. I love going over all those hills and feeling my stomach drop all the time. XD


Favorite character (of yours)? (this question was also asked by Savannah)


WHAT A QUESTION. Seriously though. *is indignant* A few of my favorites (notice I said a few; I cannot simply pick one favorite) are Tom and James from Moonlit Mirror (title under construction). Tom's so hilarious and full-of-himself...also full of food. :P James is reserved, loyal, and kindhearted. However, he does have a bit of a temper if you get him riled up. He's also an INFJ so...y'know. He's awesome.

BUT I HONESTLY LOVE THEM ALL. Most of the time. XP

If you were allowed to bring three things to a deserted island for twenty years (excluding water, food, and clothes) what items would you bring? (sorry, no internet ;)

Darn it! No internet. *sighs*

I'd probably bring allllll my books (this includes notebooks), pencils, and my camera. That way I could spend the time reading, writing, and doing photography. That doesn't sound all that bad. ;)

// Emily //

Why did you start a blog?

Mainly because I wanted to improve my writing, develop lasting friendships, and have fun. I had been haunting the blogosphere for about a year or so before I started a blog. I honestly still don't know what direction my blog is headed, but I'm loving the journey. And I think I'm still holding true to my original purpose of having fun. ^_^

// Hann //

What was the earliest story you remember, about?

Probably Bible stories that my parents would always read to me. I also particularly remember "Go, Dog. Go!" by P.D. Eastman. :)


// Savannah //

What are the three prettiest books you own?

ARGH. Such a hard question. O_o

Um...we'll go with my special copy of Peter Pan, illustrated copy of Alice in Wonderland, and hardcover Illusionarium.


Peter Pan


Alice in Wonderland


Illusionarium. I still haven't gotten around
to photographing it. *facepalm*

Which book are you reading right now?

The Fellowship of the Ring! I started it during the summer but got distracted. :P BUT NOW I'M READING IT OFFICIALLY, I PROMISE. So far, it's marvelous.

// Morgan //

What is a food you cannot like, despite everyone else's good opinions of it?

Nutella. I know, everyone likes Nutella. Well, WRONG. Because eheh...nope.  I guess I just think the Hazelnut flavor is weird.

I also don't like watermelon. *cough* YES, I'M A REBEL. It makes a great photography subject and looks super cute as a design print, but I'd prefer it outside of my mouth, please and thank you.

If you could have any animal as a miniature pet, what would you have? (similar question asked by Christine)

A DRAGON, FOR SURE. I want a little baby dragon like this one.


Oh, it can only be a real animal, you say? Well, dragons are real so HA.


If you could bring one fictional character to life for 24 hours, who would you choose?


Man, these questions are good. My favorite character of all time is Legolas so...*grins* yeah, him.

I wouldn't complain, though, if Halcyon from Paper Crowns came to life. ;)


// Ariel //


Favorite ice cream flavor? (I'm guessing you'll go with strawberry again ;))


Actually, my favorite flavor isn't strawberry. *cue chorus of astonished gasps* My top three favorite flavors are chocolate chip cookie dough, birthday cake, and cotton candy. Proooobably in that order.

Do you have any pets?

I own one adorable Manx cat named Patches. Though she would argue that she really owns me. 


Do you have a hobby other than writing?

Lots of them! I love photography (as you can see), sketching, painting, playing violin, and reading. It's also fun to bake and knit, though I haven't done the latter in far too long.


// Victoria //


Do you like cookies or donuts more?


COOKIES. Cookies are one of my very favorite foods. THEY'RE SOOO GOOD. (And in case you didn't know, gingerbread is my favorite kind of cookie.) 

Still. Donuts are delish. *is now hungry*


Tea or coffee?


Eheh...neither? I've tried both of them but...I just don't like them. *hides* Coffee is too bitter, and tea just tastes really earthy to me. XD 

However, I'll gladly drink hot chocolate or hot apple cider.




Do you play any musical instruments?


Yes, I do! I've been playing the violin for about 4 years now. I want to learn to play the piano someday as well.



Who are 3 of your favorite fictional characters and why?


I'm going to go with characters from books I've read recently. Otherwise, I would never be able to pick just three.

BUT STILL. I AM ALL THE FLUSTERED. Only three favorites??? 

Well...I'm sure these aren't my top characters of all time, but a few I've been loving recently are Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle, Halcyon from Paper Crowns, and Lord Bradford from Entwined. 

I love Calcifer because...well, how does one describe him. He's very grumpy and tends to complain a lot about things, but hidden behind that rough exterior, you know he cares a little bit about Howl and Sophie. He also has some of the best lines and is overall hilarious. XD 

Halcyon is extremely snarky. And just so you know, snarky characters are my FAVORITE. I LOVE THEM. Not only is Halcyon snarky, but he's a cat. A talking cat. If that doesn't convince you that he's awesome, I don't know what will. 

I also love Lord Bradford. He's so adorable and can be kind of awkward. In a way, he reminds me a lot of my character James. I just love his sweet relationship with Azalea. <3

And that's just the tip of the iceberg there. I have so. many. favorites. O_O

Who are your top 3 favorite authors?


ACK. SO MANY HARD QUESTIONS, LAURI.

My three favorite authors who aren't still alive are Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, and J.R.R. Tolkien. My three favorite living authors are Heather Dixon, Sharon Cameron, and Wayne Thomas Batson...I think. :P

We're just ignoring the fact that I gave you six authors. And I still feel guilty for not listing other ones that I love. >.>

// Meredith //

If you were banned from either reading or writing for the rest of your life, which would you choose? (horrid question, I know)

You guys clearly take pleasure in my pain. XP 

I guess I would choose to be banned from writing. I love both reading and writing on almost an equal level, but I feel like I would wither away and die if I could never read a book ever again. I mean, the same thing would probably happen if I could never write again so...

ACTUALLY NEITHER ONE. I CAN'T CHOOSE. *collapses*

Are there any bizarre instruments you've always wanted to play?

Yes, actually. I want to able to play the hardanger fiddle, which is a Norwegian fiddle with eight or nine strings. Four of the strings are played like a regular violin's, while the others are called "understrings," which resonate as the others are played. 



Another one I wish I could play is the nyckelharpa. It's a Swedish stringed instrument that also has keys. You use your bow to play the strings with one hand and press the keys with the other. 

Both are really cool. LOOK THEM UP.

What's your second favorite Studio C video? (I think you've told me your first favorite.) + Who's your favorite Studio C cast member?

(Counting these as one because they're related. ;D)

I actually ranked all my favorites about four or five months ago. I think my favorites have changed since then, but this one was listed as my second favorite.



I also love this one and this one.

As far as my favorite cast member is concerned...I'd have to say Matt. They're all fabulous (and I feel kinda bad for picking just one of them), but he's probably my favorite. ^_^


// Miss Evie //


Can you start a bookstagram cause your photography is awesome?


D'awww, that's so sweet. <3 Thank you! I probably won't be starting an Instagram account anytime soon just because I already have a lot of things on my plate. It looks like fun, but it's hard enough for me to balance the social media platforms I already have. 

However, if I do ever start one, you guys will be some of the first to know!

If you could marry any of Jane's male characters who and why?

MR. DARCY FOR SURE. He's just so much like me, really. An introvert who doesn't have the gift of conversing with people easily. I completely understand him. Once you get to know him, he's actually very "amiable." Hidden beneath that introvert skin, he's a loyal friend and kind individual.


Also, he's awkward. I love awkward characters.



Would you be interested in a guest post from me?

Um...YES. Evie, I would LOVE to have you guest post!

// Abi //

If you knew you had only more day to live, how would you spend it? 

I would find a portal to Middle-earth and spend the day with all the hobbits and Gandalf in the Shire. I could read, explore the rolling green hills, and talk with all my favorite characters. If I could convince Gandalf, I would take an Eagle over to Rivendell and visit the Elves.

Then, you know, once my time was up, I could die an epic death by dragon fire. XD

<><><><><>

That's a wrap! Thanks so much for the questions, everyone! It was a blast to answer some of them. :D My only qualm is that I couldn't answer them all. 

If there's a question you wanted me to answer that I didn't in this post, leave them in the comments. I'll try to answer them if I can. And let me know if you want me to do this again sometime. It was sooo much fun, and I definitely wouldn't mind giving it another go. Maybe for part of my blogoversary? ;)

So tell me. What's YOUR favorite ice cream flavor? Do you have any pets? And what fictional character would you want to bring alive?

22 comments:

  1. Ha! I beat you to posting answers! XD Seriously though, it was well worth the wait. I throughly enjoyed reading all of your answers, and agree with you on most of them. I like donuts better then cookies though. But only if they're FRESH. Cookies would win over stale donuts any day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and to answer your questions...
      A) I like all ice cream flavors, but my current favorite is White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl. Or something like that. I can't remember the exact name...but it DOES have white chocolate and raspberry in it somewhere. :)
      B) Not by myself...but our family owns a dog, a cat, and a big fluffy rabbit named Gandalf the White (I know, now I'm going to have to post about him for you XD)
      C) All the awesome ones. Obviously.
      And YES do it again!!!! I'll do it too, and then we'll see which of us can post our answers sooner. ;)

      Delete
    2. WELL, NOT BY MUCH. XD Glad it was worth the wait, though! :D

      Cookies and donuts are basically perfection, okay? I LOVE THEM BOTH SO MUCH. <3

      AND OH MY GOODNESS, YES, I NEED A POST ON YOUR RABBIT. Gandalf the White is the best name everrrrr. (Well, besides Legolas, but that might be weird for a bunny. ;D)

      Delete
  2. EEP. This was a blast to read! We are very nosy little dragons. XD And yes, all the painful questions. No regrets! Bwahaha!

    Bringing all your books, notebooks, and a camera to a deserted island is perfect. I mean, all I do anyway is read, write, and photograph books. So for me it wouldn't be any different. XD

    *pets your copy of Peter Pan, AiW, and Illusionarium* SUCH PRETTY. <333

    YOU'RE READING FOTR. *SQUEALS* :D :D :D

    Little baby dragonnnn!!!! YESSSH. I WANTS IT SO BAD. WHY do we not have tiny dragons for pets? I WANT THIS TO BE A THING. *flails*

    Having Legolas and/or Hal come to life would be amazing. Except we may die from Legolas's awesomeness and Hal's sass. XD

    Ooooh, you play the violin? I LOVE THE VIOLIN. I mean, I can't play it, but it's my second favorite instrument after the piano (which I do play). It's just so gorgeous!

    CALCIFER! HAL! LORD BRADFORD! So much yes to allll of them! One cannot describe Calcifer, no. He's just...Calcifer. XD

    I love your picks for favorite authors! (Except I haven't read anything by Sharon Cameron yet which is obviously a TRAGEDY.) BUT LEWIS. TOLKIEN. ALL THE AMAZING PEOPLES.

    Choosing between only reading or writing is impossible. o.o What a horrid thought!

    Your last day to live is epic. XD Except for the whole dying part... Can we just go ahead and find a portal to Middle Earth and skip the whole dying part? Because I needs to go, preciousss!

    I would ABSOLUTELY love for you to do this again! This was sooo much fun!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no pity. *shakes head in disbelief* XD

      YES. What else would anyone WANT to do? ;)

      *strokes them lovingly* THEY ARE MY PRECIOUS. <3

      I JUST FINISHED IT! My opinion about it is *ahem* a bit different than what I thought it would be, but I DID enjoy it overall. ^_^

      EVERYONE NEEDS A PET DRAGON. *points at post I did a couple weeks ago on Morgan's blog* #ShamelessSelfPromo

      We certainly would. XDDD They're both too awesome for us to handle!

      Yessss, I do! Though...I haven't practiced in almost two weeks. O_O Aw, is it really? I do love the violin! <3

      ASDD;SLDHD AREN'T THEY ALL THE BESTTTTT??? Some of my favorite charries! <3333

      CHRISTINE. You *need* to read Sharon Cameron's books! I think you would love The Dark Unwinding! ^_^

      Perish the thought. It makes me sad just thinking about giving one of them up forever! D:

      I obviously have my priorities straight. XD But...yeah, let's skip the dying part. ;D

      Ahhhh, maybe I will! I'm already planning things for my blogoversary! :D

      Delete
  3. This was so much fun to read, Mary!!

    I love roller coasters, too!! They are SO much fun!! :D

    I'm sorry you don't like Nutella. I like it, but I haven't had it in a LONG time. As for watermelon, girl I feel you! I DON'T like it! No matter how many times I've had it...I just can't. I agree, the watermelon design prints are cute though. ;)

    I miniature dragon would be so cute!! I'll take one looking like Toothless, please! :)

    Legolas would be awesome!! :D

    Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (boy that's a mouth full!:)) is SOOOO good! That has got to be one of my favorites as well!!! :D

    That's really cool that you play the violin, Mary!! It's such a pretty instrument!!!

    I agree with Christine, your last day to live sounds AMAZING!! Except the whole dying part, let's skip it. We'll just go to Middle Earth. Because I think we all needs to go precious. ;)

    This was such a wonderful post, Mary!!! I'd love it if you do it again!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! ^_^

      Yes, roller coasters are a blast! I love how exhilarating they are!

      YOU UNDERSTAND ME. Watermelon is just...not my thing. I wish I liked it, but the only watermelon I enjoy is the cute design prints. XD

      *hands you a miniature Toothless* :D

      LEGOLAS. <3

      A long title for a deserving flavor. ;) I just had some yesterday actually. It's delicious!

      Isn't it gorgeous? I mean...not when I play, but other people make it sound pretty. XD

      It's settled. We need to find a portal to Middle-earth. As long as we steer clear of Smaug and nasty orcses, we should be good. ;)

      Awww, thank you so much, Morgan! ^_^

      Delete
  4. I love this, Mary! Dragons are so totally real, and someday I'll find one. *arms crossed* Where did you get that GIF? It's ADORABLE!!

    I love roller coasters too! ;)

    And Mr. Darcy and Legolas were great choices! My favorite flavor of ice cream would be any flavor that has some kind of chocolate in it, preferably chocolate you can crunch; I recently got a fish, and I like him very much; and my character would be Aragorn, because ARAGORN!! You might have seen that coming. . . Legolas is a good one too though. Do I have to pick one??

    P.S. I am SO excited that you're reading the Fellowship! I want to know what you think of it when you get done--"want" as in long, rambling blog post with ALL the Legolas quotes (and all the Aragorn quotes too), and book-versus-movie comparisons! No pressure though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooooove dragons! They're obviously real. They're just introverts who like to hole away from society. XD (I found the gif on Pinterest! Isn't is adorbs?!)

      They're so much fun! :D

      Ah, chocolate. I'm not fond of chocolate FLAVORED ice cream, but I like chocolate CANDY in my ice cream. :D Aw, you have a fish? What kind is it?
      That's a shocker. XDDD I KNOW, RIGHT? I wish we could bring all of our favorite characters to life!

      P.S. Well, I just finished it a couple days ago. I did like it, but I must say it's not an instant favorite of mine. So I probably won't do a big rambly post about it. :/ You'll get to hear some of my thoughts in my wrap-up post, though! (And I promise I did like it. I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads. ^_^)

      Delete
  5. Hello! I kind of followed you a while ago and never got the chance to comment (at least I don't think so...) But I'm here now! :D

    This was all YES XD

    I absolutely LOVE rollercoasters! I want to ride every single rollercoaster in the world someday! That would be exhilarating...

    I CANNOT CHOOSE A FAVORITE FLAVOR OF ICE CREAM. PERIOD. There's just too many. I loved your choices though! I (almost) always order cookie dough ice cream at Cold Stone. And seriously, anything cotton candy flavored is good.

    I have three chickens (who are shedding all their feathers because it's becoming autumn... -_-) and a dog. He's the fluffy kind that is absolutely adorable in all ways XD

    Hm, I don't know which character I would bring to life... since I kind of live in Middle-earth and all. Maybe Baymax?! I am slightly (VERY) obsessed with Big Hero 6 so yep. BAYMAX. So I can fly on him :D

    Usually I'm not so laid-back when commenting on a blog for the first time but I guess it's because your blog is just so inviting and friendly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I tagged you for the Q & A Tag! I hope you can join in! Here's a link to the post:

      http://imgeekynerdyandproudofit.blogspot.com/2016/10/q-tag-from-nimrodel.html

      Delete
    2. Ahhhh, so glad to meet you, Fawnabelle! I always love it when people come out of the shadows and comment. XD

      ROLLER COASTERS ARE SO MUCH FUN! :D

      ICE CREAM IS HAPPINESS IN FROZEN FORMAT. I absolutely agree. But good golly, you like Cold Stone??? That's one of my favorite ice cream places! They actually have my favorite cotton candy ice cream. ^_^

      Awww, your dog sounds so cute! I've always wanted a dog, but I doubt our cat would approve. XD

      Oh, yes, that's right. You're very fortunate to live in Middle-earth. XD
      WAIT, YOU LIKE BIG HERO 6, TOO? Ahhh, I love that movie! It's so good! Baymax would be a fabulous choice!

      *clutches heart* Oh my word! That totally made my day! I'm so glad that I don't scare everyone off with my excessive use of the caps lock. ;D Really, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that you feel welcomed. <3

      And you tagged me, too! Thank you so much!!!! Hopefully I'll get to it at some point.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, yay, a Q+A!

    WAIT, HOLD YOUR HORSES. YOU DON'T LIKE WATERMELON?? THIS IS A THING?? THERE ARE ACTUALLY SOME HUMANS WHO /DON'T/ LIKE IT?? O.O *cannot imagine this thing* That is the one thing I reeeaaally don't like about fall: no watermelon. *cries*

    AND UGH NO ROLLERCOASTERS. *holds stomach* Here, have my unwanted tickets. xP

    I really, really want to read Illusionarium. o.o After NaNo, after NaNo...

    High-five for chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream! :D That one is one of my favorites as well.

    Oooh, you play the violin? That's awesome. I've been playing the piano for around 7ish years, and I love it. <3 My mom was really good at violin, though, so my younger sister wants to start learning it. :)

    OH MY GOODNESS THAT STUDIO C IS HILARIOUS. *dies laughing*

    I basically loved this entire q+a. Thanks for doing it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I KNOW. I'm a disgrace to mankind. XP I wish I liked it, but I just don't. *cries*

      *gladly accepts tickets* Aw man, roller coasters are so much fun, though! Too bad you don't like them.

      IT'S SO. GOOD. But yeah, NaNo takes precedence sometimes. ;D

      *high fives you* Yesh! It's so scrumptious!

      I do indeed! That's so cool that your mom and sister have done/are doing violin! And wow, you've been playing piano for 7 years? *is impressed*

      ISN'T IT, THOUGH??? *dumps a bunch more Studio C videos in your lap for your personal pleasure*

      Awww, thank YOU! You asked another question that I didn't get to because I realized it would take up a whole post. So I'll try to get that written sometime soon. ^_^

      Delete
  7. This was such a fun post!! My favorite ice cream flavor is hands down Mint Chocolate Chip. I don't think it's changed since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.

    Your cat is the cuTEST THING EVER. I will adopt her. *nods* She miight not get along with my little Westie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thank you! Ooh, mint chocolate chip! Mint Oreo is a favorite of mine. :D

      Aasdldsldd she is so cute, isn't she? Eheh, nope, you can't have her, though. Sorry. XD

      Delete
  8. OH HOW LOVELY! Let me get some tea and read this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sweetheart! Hope you enjoyed your tea! :D

      Delete
  9. THIS WAS SO FUN TO READ, MARY!

    *drools over your GORGEOUS copies of Peter Pan and Alice In Wonderland* I must haves them, precious XD.

    OOH, cotton candy ice-cream! This I must try. The oddest flavor of ice cream I've ever had is bubblegum (I think XD).

    ACK we looked up videos of both those instruments, and now I want a Norwegian fiddle. And a little dragon *nods*.

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP, THANK YOU!

      *joins in the drooling* THEY ARE MY BABIES. *pets them*

      It's reallllly good! And I remember eating bubblegum ice cream when I was younger. I actually really liked it. XD

      Norwegian fiddles and dragons. Yes please! :D

      Delete
  10. YAY FOR ROLLERCOASTERS! that was such a neat question -- it's those little things about bloggers that you usually never know so it's fun to figure out. xD

    I NEED TO WATCH MORE STUDIO C. I'm hoping to keep up with their new season this year. Because they make me laugh and it's a fun thing to brighten up my day with.

    And my favorite ice cream flavor? My dad made a homemade "vanilla chocolate chip malt" that was pretty darn amazing. I eat too much of it. xD

    Such a lovely q+a! :D

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, ROLLER COASTERS ARE THE BEST. I like learning random things like that about people, too. ^_^

      OH, YOU WATCH STUDIO C?! They are so hilarious! XD I make sure to watch them every time a new video is up...because I'm addicted. :P

      Oh my stars, that sounds incredible! :O Must. Try. It.

      Thank you so much, Katie! *twirls happily*

      Delete

Hey, look at you. You found the comments section. *applauds* So proud.

Now, if you're nice and keep your comment clean, I miiiiight just give you a cookie. *grins*