Sunday, June 26, 2016

Quote Tag {Day 2} + EXCITING NEWS!

Here I am again with the second day of the Quote Tag! (You can find day one HERE if you missed it.) I was tagged by my friends Morgan, Meredith, and Hamlette...aaaand two months later I'm finally getting around to doing it. :P I'm just fashionably late, I s'ppose. *nods*

Here are the rules which I will inevitably break again. Hey, they're more like guidelines anyway. ;D (Please tell me you got that reference?)

Rules


~ Thank the person who nominated you (Thanks again!)
~ Nominate 3 new bloggers everyday
~ Post a new quote everyday for 3 consecutive days

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/458663543279266973/
 
Words are powerful. Stories change lives. But the only
way those stories will exist is if we take
the initiative and pen those tales.
 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/458663543282047280/
 
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. XD No idea who said this,
but it's just perfect.
 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/458663543279437986/
 
Seeing as it's Sunday, I thought this would be an appropriate
way to close off today's day of quotes.  It's still one
of my favorite verses because of the fact that I often
struggle with this. Sometimes, we just need to be
still and let God do His thing.
 
I hope you enjoyed those quotes as much as I did. As you can tell, I kind of love quotes. It was rather difficult for me to just pick three.
 
Going with what I did yesterday, I'm just going to tag one person. The lucky nominee this time is my friend Emma @ Creative Explorations. Oh, and I also tag anyone who is not wearing socks. (No idea why that popped in my head...) Don't feel obligated to do it if you don't want to. After all, we bookdragons are busy creatures.
 
Now. For the exciting news. Because let's face it, that's the only reason you clicked on this post, isn't it? ;)
 
Welllll...
 
I joined Camp NaNo!
 
You might be thinking, "Didn't she already say she was doing it?" Well, I've actually been wavering back and forth the past month or so, but I finally decided (just yesterday) that I would jump in and do it. AND I AM KINDA FREAKING OUT NOW BECAUSE I DECIDED SPUR-OF-THE-MOMENT TO COMPLETELY CHANGE MY PLOT/GENRE/EVERYTHING SO I HAVE LITERALLY NOTHING READY AND CAMP STARTS ON FRIDAY. *dies* Um...so if anyone wants to be in a cabin with me and deal with my craziness for a month, you're more than welcome to. XD
 
If you're interested in seeing what I'm going to be up to in July, you can check out my profile and laugh at me as I die from brain malfunctioning.
 

So...what did you think of TODAY'S quotes? (And do you like pineapple on pizza? If not, WE MUST TALK.) Are any of you doing Camp this year? WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE CABIN BUDDIES? I want to know alllll the things!

22 comments:

  1. Of course I got that reference. :)

    LOVE THAT PINEAPPLE QUOTE! #goals

    I actually don't mind pineapple in pizza, but I dislike pizza with a boatload of cheese on it, just ick.

    I am doing camp! But... I'm already in a cabin. Maybe November?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would! :D

      IT'S HONESTLY THE WISEST THING EVER SAID. XD

      Blegh, I don't like extra cheesy pizza either. JUST LAY OFF ON THE CHEESE, WOULD YA? But yesh, I'm glad you don't dislike pineapple pizza. :)

      Thank you anyway! I probably won't be doing it in November because of terrible life things (aka school), but I wish you luck in Camp!!!

      Delete
    2. *eats slice of pineapple pizza*

      Right. School, that amazing thing that we all have to do at specific times each and every year until we're adults and have proven we are capable of living.

      Good luck to you too!

      Delete
    3. Yep, that's the thing. ;D Quite a bother at times.

      Thank youuu! *sends you chocolate* There, that should help in case of any troublesome writing days. ;)

      Delete
  2. The pineapple quote killed me! XD So fabulous. *proudly dons crown* And I loved how you ended with a verse. Such an encouraging one too! I very often forget to just let go and let God. I need that reminder.

    Okay so...I LOVE pineapple and I LOOOOooooOOOOVE pizza (I mean, pizza is LIFE), but I...detest them together. Like, I HATE pineapple on pizza. It's so nasty. I'M SORRY. But I do love them individually, I promise! I actually had pizza for lunch today. :D And now I'm craving pineapple...

    YOU'RE OFFICIALLY DOING CAMP NANO? EXCITING!!! I'm...not. But right now my big project is editing, not writing anyway, so I guess it's okay. XD BUT I'M EXCITED FOR YOU. Will you be keeping us up to date on how it's going? BECAUSE I'LL WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT. You're gonna do AWESOME. *cheers with pompoms* GO MARY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S PROBABLY THE COOLEST THING I'VE SEEN ALL DAY. XD That verse is perfect, isn't it? I always need reminders like that. <3

      *chokes* LAURI! YOU DON'T LIKE PINEAPPLE PIZZA??? *dies* I thought we were friends... (I TOTALLY KID. The rest of my family thinks it's nasty so I'm basically the weirdo in the group. ;D)

      YESYESYES I AM! Ahhh, but really, dear! YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF! Editing is haaaard. (Not like I've actually touched up my messy first drafts before but y'know. *COUGH*) Besides, you do NaNo in November so you're excused. ;D
      EEEK, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Hopefully I'll keep you guys up-to-date. At least, I'll let you know if I'm on the brink of death or anything...

      Delete
  3. Great quotes again, Mary! I've heard the one by Martin Luther before and I LOVE it.
    And I do like pineapple on pizza. ;)
    P.S. I TOTALLY got that reference! That quote was hysterical. The one-liners were the best part of that movie. Except Will Turner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hanna! I adore that Martin Luther quote! So inspiring.

      YESH, PINEAPPLE PIZZA!

      *fistbump* Woohoo! I LOVE the one-liners. THEY ARE HILARIOUS. (But yeah, Will Turner is still the best part. *cough, cough*)

      Delete
    2. "This dock is off limits to civilians."
      "Oh, good. I'll let you know if I see any."
      ;)

      Delete
  4. I love all the quotes you shared! That awesome pineapple one reminded me of this: "Happiness is like jam. You can't spread even a little without getting some on yourself." I have no idea who wrote that, but whoever did is a word genius. xD

    Ooh, yay for Camp NaNo! I'm freaking out, too. :P Yesterday was the first day for me when plotting was actually coming along quite nicely. BUT IT STARTS ON FRIDAY OH MY GOODNESS. *dies* xP And I'd love to have you in my cabin, but it's full. :/ Here's the link to my account: http://campnanowrimo.org/campers/emily-joy-drown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word. XDDD That is PERFECTION! You're right, the creator of that must've been a genius.

      IT'S CRAZY, ISN'T IT?? I honestly think I maaaay have been a little insane when I decided to join. But it's okay because insanity is encouraged in NaNo. ;D GOOD LUCK, EMILY! We shall slay these words together!! (And that's totally fine! I signed up pretty late so I figured a lot of people would have their cabins full already.)

      Delete
  5. Of course I got the reference!!! :D *Pirates huzzah*

    THAT PINEAPPLE ONE THOUGH.

    ...So I'm accidentally tagged because I was barefoot when I read this? o.o Heehee. XD

    YOU'RE DOING CAMP AAAAH THAT'S SO EXCITING BEST OF LUCK I KNOW YOU WILL DO AMAZIIIIING! :D ...I now wish I was doing Camp just so I could share a cabin with my Mary! D: I'm too busy to do Camp though... *sadness* But I hope you'll have a great time and get a bunch of writing done!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *stumbles in over two months later* Hehe. SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLIES, EVERYONE.

      YAY, POTC FOR LIFE! :D

      Isn't it the best?!

      Haha, you don't have to do it. I was just trying to come up with some random way to tag people. XD

      It feels like this happened so long ago. o.o But thanks so muuuuch! I had a blast! Maybe sometime we can do a NaNo together! ^_^ ('Cause that would be awesome, just saying.)

      Delete
  6. I don't like pineapple on pizza when it's paired with meat. Just not a fan.

    I ALMOST used that Martin Luther quote myself!

    Have fun with Camp Nano :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, well, that leaves more for me. XD

      Oh, really? That's too funny! Great minds think alike. ;D

      Thanks so much! I had a great experience!

      Delete
  7. The pineapple quote is rather epic, though I do not care too much for pineapple (especially on pizza). I do like cold pineapple juice in the summer though. I did not intend for this comment to go in such a pineappl-y direction :) but it happened nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, pineapple juice is really good. ^_^

      Thanks so much for the comment! (Especially since it was pineapple-y! ;D)

      Delete
  8. Got the reference! :D

    THANK YOU MARTIN LUTHER.

    Ahh, love that verse, too. Although... I think that it's easy to neglect striving towards Godliness in an effort to "let go and let God", but I also need the reminder that God is working out a perfect plan despite my failed ones. :) You know?

    Okay, I really don't like pineapple on my pizza, and no, but I might do NaNoWriMo in November. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO! :D (I love referencing things, hehe.)

      Ahhh, I know, right? Such an awesome quote.

      I understand exactly what you mean. It's such a difficult thing to do, but I'm ever grateful for the fact that God will help me let go of the things I thought I couldn't. :)

      It seems I'm the odd one out in my love for pineapple pizza. XD
      Eep, good luck with NaNo if you end up doing it! :D

      Delete
  9. Haha. I happen to be wearing socks right now. I usually don't in hot weather. XD Darn! The pineapple quote made me laugh and I love that Martin Luther quote. I've known that one for a while. Best wishes with CampNaNo! I'm sitting out this year because I'm editing and I already did April. XD

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you could still steal the tag if you so wish. :D

      Yes, they're both such great quotes! (I especially love the pineapple one. ;D)

      Thanks, Victoria! I had such a fun time doing Camp! I'll definitely plan on doing NaNo again sometime. :)

      Delete

Hey, look at you. You found the comments section. *applauds* So proud.

Now, if you're nice and keep your comment clean, I miiiiight just give you a cookie. *grins*