Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Blogging-About-Blogs Tag


Hey, all! So I've been trying to figure out what I should include in my next post, and Hamlette @ Hamlette's Soliloquy saved me the trouble by concocting this lovely Blogging-About-Blogs tag. Thanks ever so much, Hamlette :) (Seriously go check out her blog. 'Tis amazing.) I technically wasn't tagged, but she offered it as a free-for-all so I went for it. Now on to the tag!

The Rules

  • Thank the person who tagged you.
  • Answer the questions.
  • Tag some blogging friends.

The Questions

1) Blog that makes me laugh
Oh my. All of you wonderful bloggers make me collapse in giggles. Musings of an Elf makes me laugh sooo much. (Because Christine is just hilarious!) The Road of a Writer also makes me chuckle at my screen like a weirdo.

2)Blog that makes me think
Tracey has churned up some very thought-provoking posts over at her corner of the internets, Adventure Awaits. She's seriously so illuminating.

3) Blog that teaches me things
Creative Explorations is a great place to find crafting, journaling, and healthy lifestyle tips. (I also frequently find myself taken in by all the yummy desserts she posts pictures of!) It's a wonderful addition to the blogosphere :)

4) Blog with beautiful headers
Castles in the Air has GORGEOUS headers! I was dying of all the prettiness during Cinderella Week.

5) Blogger who takes great pictures
Hannah at The Adventures of H is a stellar photographer. Every picture she posts is a work of art.

6) Blogger whose recommendations I trust
I trust all of your guys' recommendations! You're seriously all amazing. (What, that's not an answer you say? Pssh, of course it is.) If I have to pick just a couple, I would say Olivia at Meanwhile, in Rivendell and Hamlette at Hamlette's Soliloquy.

7) New blog I'm enjoying
I'm assuming this means a blog that just started recently? At least, that's what I figured based on Hamlette's answers. Most all of the blogs I follow have been up-and-running for quite some time. Though I think Creative Explorations is probably the newest one I'm currently following.

8) Blog I've followed the longest
Well, the first blog I officially started following was either Adventure Awaits or Musings of an Elf. I also ran across Bryan Davis's blog The Author's Chair (that's where I actually discovered Tracey), Wayne Thomas Batson's blog (Enter the Door Within), and Francesca Battistelli's blog (Honeycomb) but didn't start following them until later for some reason. (Come to think of it, did I actually ever follow them? I'm so inept when it comes to technology that it's not even funny.)

9) Blog I've started following the most recently
Along the Brandywine, Hamlette's Soliloquy, and An Odd Blog. I had bookmarked all of their blogs to refer back to but apparently never got around to following them. (A very Mary thing to do :P)
 
 All the Lucky People I Tag

Chloe @ Rustling Thoughts

Christine @ Musings of an Elf

Deborah @ The Road of a Writer

Tracey @ Adventure Awaits

Even if your name's not on the list, please feel free to take this tag! After all, I wasn't technically tagged either. *cough, cough* And please don't feel like you have to do it, even if you were tagged. I'm not sure who even likes being tagged so I just threw a few names out there. (For the record though, I'm ALWAYS up for a good tag!)

Thanks again for the tag, Hamlette! It was loads of fun!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag dearie! I shall endeavor to do it at some point in the very near future (along with everything else I should have been caught up with a ling time ago). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! There's no hurry; you can just finish it at your own leisure. :) Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  2. AWWWWWW. I found your blog through Hamlette's comment section (I'm always looking for new blogs to follow) and I just saw that you mentioned me!!! *dies from happiness*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so glad I could make you happy! :D I actually discovered your lovely blog a little while ago yet somehow forgot to follow it until just last week. *shakes head* Thank you ever so much for commenting! <3

      Delete
  3. You're welcome, Mary :-) I'm so glad you enjoyed the tag! This is the first real "tag" I've ever created, and I'm having a hugely fun time watching it spread around. And checking out the blogs people recommend! You follow some seriously cool ones, and almost all are new to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast! :) I'm happy that you're enjoying them! I was hoping that doing this tag would help people find some other blogs out there that deserve some more love.

      Delete
  4. *squawks like deranged parrot* WELP, YOU SWEET PERSON. You are one of the sweetest, most supportive blogging buddies I know! <3

    (And number 1--yessss, those gals are just hilarious.)

    Looking forward to exploring all the links you included here, and also to doing this tag myself! Thank you, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you wonderful person you! Your comment made me grin at my screen for about five minutes. XD (The deranged parrot part got me laughing so hard! ^_^) Awww, thank you so much <333 I love ya, girl!

      (Aren't they, though? I collapse with laughter at some of the things they write.)

      You're so welcome! I hope you find some new blogs to enjoy. :)

      Delete
  5. AAAAHHHH!!! I feel so honored you mentioned me AND tagged me. THANK YOU, GIRL!!! And this is such a fun and interesting tag. I need to check out some of these blogs you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't leave your beautiful self out of this, now could I? :) (Because your blog = perfection.) Enjoy looking at all the sumptuous blogs!

      Delete
  6. *Shrieks* YOU MENTIONED MY BLOG!!!!!! YES, THIS DESERVES BOTH CAPS AND EXCLAMATION MARKS IN GREAT ABUNDANCE!!!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

    I'm so honored and gleeful to be mentioned in your tag! I'll be sure to check out the other lovely blogs you mentioned asap!

    Lots of hugs!!!
    Emma
    www.creativexplorations.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhhhh, I don't know what the second line looks very odd, at least on my computer. Sorry about that.

      Delete
    2. Awww, of course I did! Your wonderful blog deserved it <333

      I'm so glad to have made you happy! I'm sure you'll find these other blogs equally delightful!

      *sends lots of virtual hugs back*

      P.S.
      Hmmm...I don't know why that second line is doing that. It's happened to me before in Word documents. But it's no biggie. Technology isn't always on my side either. (In fact, it never is.)

      Delete
  7. I just saw this! Aaah, thank you!! ^_^ I'm so honored/glad my blog makes you laugh! <3 And thanks for the tag! I may get to it at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, you're welcome!! You and your blog are hilarious! I always smile when I read your posts :) No pressure about doing the tag. I understand that you're probably crazy busy so please don't feel obligated to do it.

      Delete
  8. (I thought I'd commented on this days ago! Sorry 'bout that!)

    Squuuueee, THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING ME. Like we just talked about, it makes me so happy and warmly-fuzzy and feeling-special to be mentioned in someone's post <3

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (No worries! Just the fact that you take the time to read my blog at all is a huge honor!)

      AAAAHH YOU ARE SO WELCOME. Yep, it really does. It always feels like receiving a warm hug when I see that someone mentioned me.

      Thanks, Olivia!

      Delete
  9. Mary! Awwww.... thanks so much for the mention and also for your follow on The Brandywine! ;D I'm looking forward to checking out some of these blogs you linked to that I'm unfamiliar with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Heidi! It was my pleasure! Thank YOU for dropping in and leaving a comment :D

      Delete

Hey, look at you. You found the comments section. *applauds* So proud.

Now, if you're nice and keep your comment clean, I miiiiight just give you a cookie. *grins*