Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Top 10 Favorite Screen Couples

Okay, guys. I'm going to be honest here: I had NO clue what I was going to post this weekend. (I'm already running into these problems, and I've been blogging for just two weeks? O_O) I've been spending a lot of time fangirling over *ahem* my favorite characters recently. (Who am I kidding? I've never stopped. XD) So I thought it would be fun to do a blog post about some of my favorite fictional couples! *throws confetti and cake in the air* It was sooo hard to narrow them down to ten and next to impossible to rank them in order. So I'm not even going to try to rank them. There might be a few spoilers, but I tried not to include them as much. Also, there will be lots of pictures, exclamation points, caps, and just general craziness.

1.) Aragorn & Arwen




GAH. What can I even say about these two? They are just the sweetest, most precious (see what I did there? ;)) things ever! Their relationship is so touching. Arwen loves Aragorn so much that she's willing to give up immortality in order to share her life with him. I mean, HOW SWEET IS THAT?! (And also kinda tragic, but we shan't get into that.)


There's only one word to describe their relationship: beautiful.

2.) Jack Thornton & Elizabeth Thatcher



Um...excuse me? Who gave them permission to be so adorable?

I recently decided to try out a show called When Calls the Heart. I thought, "Well, it looks like it might be okay so I'll try an episode or two."

Ahem.

THAT SHOW IS AMAZING. You seriously NEED to see it!!

ASGJDKGL. Jack and Elizabeth are just about the cutest thing that ever happened. Words cannot express how much I love these two!!! They really are made for each other. They get off on the wrong foot, but they eventually settle their differences and become friends. Of course, that friendship soon blossoms into "something more." Jack is sweet, caring, and protective. Plus, he's a Mountie so...

Wait. This post isn't about Jack, is it? *cough, cough* (As you can tell, I've developed a great fondness for Jack.)

But yes. They're adorable. End of story.


3.) Will Turner & Elizabeth Swann



YES YES YES YES. No words. I love these two soooo much! I mean, c'mon, folks. They are wonderful beyond description! I especially love them in the first movie because of this.

*flails*
Elizabeth is a bit less...devoted in her romantic life than Will. She does some things that still make me mad (though, to be fair, she is a pirate so you know), but they're still one of my favorite couples ever. Their relationship also has a rather sad ending to it (at least in my opinion), which seems to be a common theme for me.


4.) Rapunzel & Flynn Rider



Best. Disney. Couple. Ever.

I'm not even kidding. Disney really struck gold with these two. A roguish thief and a bubbly, imaginative princess with over 70 feet of hair make for a lovely couple. I honestly love these two SO MUCH. Like how are they even this cute??

(Also, this scene is possibly my favorite Disney animated scene ever.)

5.) Han Solo & Leia Organa


Puh-leez. Is an explanation even needed here? Their relationship is classic, hilarious, and surprisingly touching. They definitely have waaay more chemistry than Padme and Anakin, and I really love romances in which there is a snarky guy involved ;) I can't help but love them.

(Am I the only one who still can't handle the feels??)

6.) Jane Bennet & Mr. Bingley



Oh, how I love Pride and Prejudice. It's full of the most wonderful quotes, costumes, characters, and romances imaginable. It also boasts the sweet treat that is Jane and Mr. Bingley. I...I don't even know. They are both so kind and good-natured and PERFECT. WHAT CAN I EVEN SAY? And yes, I am a diehard P&P '05 fan. I much prefer this version, but that's just my opinion.


7.) Carl & Ellie



What is it with me and tragic romances? Carl and Ellie share one of the saddest love stories I can think of. I seriously think Pixar's goal in life is to make me curl up in a corner and cry. Because these two have such a sweet relationship YET IT IS SO SAD. If you've seen Up, you know what I'm talking about.


(I KNOW. I'm sorry for torturing you with this.)

8.) Mr. Darcy & Elizabeth Bennet



I couldn't go and leave them out, now could I? I love them even more than I love Jane and Mr. Bingley, which is saying quite a lot. Their relationship is probably one of the best in all of literature, in my personal opinion. Like many of my other favorite couples, they don't start out as best of pals. But it's so delightful to see them grow closer to each other throughout the film! Honestly, I much prefer these kinds of romances to the love-at-first-sight ones.

(I live for Darcy's smile. It gets me every time.)


(Also, as a random side-note. I just realized that three of these couples involve someone named Elizabeth. XD)

9.) Ella & Kit



This new version of Cinderella is so gorgeous, and I am in love with everything about it. That includes, of course, Ella and Kit.

Where do I even begin? I can't explain my feelings about them. They're just perfect in every way. Disney did a much better job with character development in this version. In the animated one, I felt like Prince Charming had virtually zero charm. He was just a one-dimensional character. But in this one, he was kind and caring and brave. There was so much more to these two in the wonderful new Cinderella.

(Aren't they the best?)

10.) Emma Woodhouse & Mr. Knightley



Last but not least are the dear Emma Woodhouse and Mr. Knightley. The two of them were friends all their lives, but they finally realize that there was much more to their friendship than they original thought. I love them both very much as a couple. They really do make a great pair! (And consequently, they also argue quite a bit. Heh. I guess I have a thing for couples that argue. :P)



Well, that's it for my incoherent fangirling of the day. If you made it through this post, kudos to you! *hands you cake* What are some of your favorite couples? Do we share any of the same ones?

24 comments:

  1. YES TO ALL OF THESE. ALL OF THEM. I ADORE THIS POST!!!

    I seriously love every single one of these couples. Aragorn and Arwen are a classic, naturally.

    Jack and Elizabeth...well. I actually haven't SEEN When Calls the Heart. But I know so many people rave over it, I think I need to give it a try! And, actually, I've seen a snatch of it on TV before and I got pretty interesting. But what's funny is when I saw Jack and Elizabeth my first thought was, "Oh, those two are cute. I hope they end up together!" I literally started shipping people of a show I've never watched... XD So obviously they are an adorable couple and I need to watch this show!

    I love how many Elizabeths you have on here. XD

    RAPUNZEL AND FLYNN!!!!!! They may be my favorite screen couple PERIOD. Definitely my favorite Disney pair at least. THEY. ARE. PERFECT. I'm so glad I'm not alone. So many people have switched over to Anna and Kristoff, and yeah, they're amazing, but HELLO. Have we forgotten the perfectness of Rapunzel and Flynn??? They're just...EVERYTHING. <333

    Also so much yes to Ella and Kit! I ADORED how they actually explored the Prince's character in this one instead of throwing him in like one scene and then BOOM "True Love". Um, no. This version of Cinderella just lakjd;fkj;sdjf. It was perfection.

    And Emma and Mr. Kinghtly. Oh my goodness gracious. I. LOVE. THEM. Even a tinge more than Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. o.o I know, crazy! But GAH. They're amazing!

    Okay, I could fangirl about every single one of these couples forever, but I've already babbled so much I should probably stop.

    Basically: YES TO EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEE THANK YOU. YOUR COMMENT MAKES ME SOOO HAPPY!

      Of course! I couldn't possibly forget them :)

      LOL. They ARE adorable, and YOU NEED TO SEE THE SHOW. It's actually the only TV series I watch that isn't over 50 years old. XD (I have a thing for shows from the '50s and '60s.) The first two seasons are on Netflix, and the third season is airing on the 21st. *squeals with delight* But yes! Watch it!

      It's really odd how many there are. XD (Also, two of them are played by Keira Knightley, which I find humorous.)

      Oh my goodness, really?? It would be impossible for me to pick one favorite. O_O But they're so darling that I don't blame you one bit!! AND SO MUCH YES. I love Anna and Kristoff, too, but I honestly CAN'T HAVE ENOUGH OF THESE TWO. Just...asjdjfskll.

      I'm much happier with the development of the Prince in this film. He actually had personality, and I loved these two SO MUCH. <3 The new version of Cinderella is magical!

      AAAAH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU LIKED EMMA! It's one of my most favoritest movies! AND YES. Emma and Mr. Knightley are wonderful! I still like Darcy and Elizabeth better, but these two are amazing!

      Fangirl all you want! I honestly love having someone to fangirl with. We can be fangirling and crying buddies! ;)

      Delete
  2. Can I just say that this post gave me all the feels?

    Like, Aragorn and Arwen! OhMYGOODNESS, they are both so sweet together.

    JACK AND ELIZABETH. So many feels. They are the cutest couple ever.

    Everyone on this list is so perfect for eachother. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gave me all the feels while I was writing it! XD

      Aren't they??? They are just...I LOVE THEM.

      OH GOSH YES. Just looking at pictures of them makes me smile. So. Adorable.

      Yup, they totally are!

      Delete
  3. So many good ones! Carl and Ellie are so sweet. Aragorn and Arwen, "precious," YES. Han Solo and Leia are so cute. I love this post! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! They're all wonderful, are they not? AND JACK. He is soooo sweet! :)

      Delete
  4. When I first read the title to this post, I was hoping you'd include Elizabeth and Will. :D Ironically, I just pinned that second picture of them on Pinterest. My friend and I got a little too excited during that line.

    Rapunzel and Flynn. Much yes.

    Hans Solo and Leia! "I love you." "I know." xD

    Why are Jane and Mr. Bingley so underrated?? They're both quite likable and his proposal was too cute. (And thank you, because I'm also I huuuge P&P'05 fan).

    Yup, Darcy and Lizzy. Also very cute.

    And Ella and Kit! Wow, you got almost all my favorite screen couples.

    My favorites, besides those you mentioned, are Faramir/Eowyn and Anne/Gilbert(Anne of Green Gables).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, how could I not? They're prooobably one of my top three favorite couples, which is saying a lot. I love them so much! <3 And that's too funny! I STILL get too excited at that part. XD

      Definitely! :D

      Those two are a hoot! They really make me smile.

      I honestly don't know!! They're so sweet, and I agree, Bingley's proposal is darling. I don't know why they don't get as much love as they should. (YES. I'm so happy that you love that version because it is amaaaazing <3)

      Of course! ;)

      Haha, how did I know? Braintwins! ^_^

      You know, I ALMOST included Anne and Gilbert! I've loved them ever since I was little. And Faramir and Eowyn are great, too!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Girl, you are so spot on that I don't even know what else to say. *hyperventilation*

    Aragorn and Arwen is basically the best couple of ALL TIME, no questions asked.

    YOU'RE A HEARTY. I only recently started watching, but I am so in love...*more hyperventilation*. Elizabeth and Jack make me feel very, very good inside. I'm actually going to be posting a review of WCTH very soon...expect it to contain enormous amounts of capital letters.

    I am a poor, blighted being because I haven't seen Pirates of the Caribbean OR Cinderella. Yet, because I certainly plan too. But they look absolutely adorable.

    Rapunzel and Flynn are the best. Carl and Ellie make me tear up every. single. time. And Han and Leia...*sigh of satisfaction.*

    And of course, there is no need to question the romantic decisions created by Jane Austen. But it just so happens that I am partial to Emma (Mr. Knightley is da best) and P&P! Great minds think alike, I suppose.

    Thanks for a highly satisfying post that fulfills every desire of my obsessively-shipping heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Girl, you are so spot on that I don't even know what else to say. *hyperventilation*

    Aragorn and Arwen is basically the best couple of ALL TIME, no questions asked.

    YOU'RE A HEARTY. I only recently started watching, but I am so in love...*more hyperventilation*. Elizabeth and Jack make me feel very, very good inside. I'm actually going to be posting a review of WCTH very soon...expect it to contain enormous amounts of capital letters.

    I am a poor, blighted being because I haven't seen Pirates of the Caribbean OR Cinderella. Yet, because I certainly plan too. But they look absolutely adorable.

    Rapunzel and Flynn are the best. Carl and Ellie make me tear up every. single. time. And Han and Leia...*sigh of satisfaction.*

    And of course, there is no need to question the romantic decisions created by Jane Austen. But it just so happens that I am partial to Emma (Mr. Knightley is da best) and P&P! Great minds think alike, I suppose.

    Thanks for a highly satisfying post that fulfills every desire of my obsessively-shipping heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAHHH YOU ARE TOO SWEET! Your excitement is making me grin so hard!

      YES. They are amazing! I love them too much to put into words. This post hardly did them justice.

      I AM, I AM! Isn't it wonderful?? It's so touching and sweet and...addicting. (But, c'mon, Netflix makes it SO easy when they just automatically play the next episode.) They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, too. And EEEK I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR POST! (As you can tell, I am totally fine with caps.)

      Goodness, you really are! I am a big POTC fan, and Cinderella is just beautiful. You should definitely try them out when you get the chance!

      Jane Austen was a genius! I swear, she wrote some of the most perfect romances ever. And how cool is that! We really are twins! ^_^

      You're most welcome! Fangirls unite!

      Delete
  7. CARL AND ELLIE OH MY HEART. <3 I sobbed at the beginning of UP. I'm almost gonna sob thinking about it. xD

    Rapunzel and Flynnn! Aww, they are such an adorable couple. I want there to be a Tangled 2 just for the sake of the two of them. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOWWWW. I cry bucket loads of tears when I watch the Married Life sequence :'( But they have such a touching relationship <3

      Aren't they, though? They're my favorite Disney couple in the history of ever. AND YES. We must petition for a Tangled 2! (Have you, by chance, seen the short they released called "Tangled Ever After"? It's delightful and totally worth looking up.)

      Also, I see this is your first time leaving a comment on my blog. Thank you so much for dropping in :D

      Delete
    2. Tangled Ever After is lovely. <3 Sooo sweet and touching and funny. :D
      Yes. A petition. *nod* I'd rather have a Tangled 2 than a Frozen 2, to be completely honest. :P

      You're so welcome! <3

      Delete
    3. I know! I love it soooo much <3

      Hehe, I'd be immensely happy with either one! I love both Tangled and Frozen and am never able to decide which one I like better. (Although Flynn and Rapunzel will always be THE Disney couple to me.)

      Delete
  8. THIS POST! IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

    The coronation reunion between Arwen and Aragorn has got to be one of THE SWEETEST AND BEST THINGS in existence. Not even kidding.

    I recognized all these couples, and I love it when that happens!

    And yes, I love Will and Elizabeth, but Elizabeth annoys me. Like seriously what no. *scowls*

    HAN AND LEIA SQQWWWUUUUUEEE <333

    All these pictures are gorgeous. GAAHHH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I'M SO GLAD! IT MAKES ME HAPPY, TOO!

      Oh gosh, it really is! I love it so very much <333

      I love it when I recognize them all, too. It's always nice to see familiar faces :)

      Haha! Yeah, I like Elizabeth, but she can get on my nerves sometimes. (Especially in the many instances where she is kissing someone, and IT'S NOT WILL!)

      I KNOW, I KNOW!!

      Thank you! Like I was telling you earlier, Pinterest is the source of all beautiful things.

      Delete
  9. *frolics in all the happy feels*

    SO MUCH YES. Especially to numbers 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9. Sooo... basically all of them. XD (The only reason I didn't include the others is because I've never seen them before.)

    Rapunzel and Flynn are just ADORBZ. Flynn totally kicked the old cardboard cut-out prince idea to the curb. <3 He actually had personality and depth. Same with Kit!

    And I absolutely love both Jane/Bingley and Lizzy/Darcy!

    B-b-but... why'd you have to mention Carl and Ellie? Why? D': That sequence of the movie is probably one of the saddest, most bittersweet thing I've ever watched in an animated film.

    Great post, Mary! There are so many awesome movie couples out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *frolics with you*

      I KNOW, RIGHT? But you've never seen Star Wars?? *le gasp* 'Cause Han and Leia are the best <333 (Exemplary love/hate relationship right there ;))

      They are da sweetest things! Haha, I love the way you described that: "kicked the old cardboard cut-out prince idea to the curb" XD

      You have superb taste, m'dear!

      I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm an emotional train wreck every time I watch Up for...obvious reasons.

      Thanks, Tracey! The cinema world abounds with delightful couples!

      Delete
  10. Number Four and Number Eight - couldn't agree more! Also LOVE Carl and Ellie - they are so sweet:) Joe Wright's version of P&P is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessss, #4 and #8 are classics! And gosh, Carl and Ellie give me ALL THE FEELS. D': *gasps* You like P&P '05, too??? Eeep, it's one of my favorite movies of ALL TIME. And definitely my favorite version of P&P. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I just found your delightful blog through Naomi @Wonderland Creek! This list of screen character couples is absolutely perfection!!!! (I haven't seen Emma or Star Wars, and would definitely need to put Anne and Gilbert and Susan and Caspian on the list) but this is great!

    Of course Elizabeth and Jack are AMAZING!!!! AND Love P&P '05!!!!! XD

    Have a lovely day,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I'm embarrassingly late to this...oops. :P

      Ahem. *waves* Welcome! I hope I didn't scare you off. ;)

      Awwww, I'm so glad you like my post! (You should see them! They're great movies. ^_^) Oh, I like Anne and Gilbert, too! :D

      YES, AREN'T THEY, THOUGH? I'm rewatching seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix and...oh my stars, THEY ARE ADORABLE. (And don't even get me started on P&P '05. <3)

      Thank you so much for visiting! Sorry I didn't reply sooner. :P

      Delete

Hey, look at you. You found the comments section. *applauds* So proud.

Now, if you're nice and keep your comment clean, I miiiiight just give you a cookie. *grins*